Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bookmaking Binge



Since I made hard covered journal style books in a book making workshop 
just over a month ago, I have been wanting to make more of 
these type of books.


And I finally had some time to do that
Below are images of the three hard covered journals I recently finished.



These books are about 6.5 X 10 inches when closed  - pages about 12 X 9.5 inches when open





The inside pages are made with watercolour paper
and can be painted on, glued onto, or drawn onto with a variety of mediums.



The outside covers are decorated with paint and ink as well as paper I decorated, 
and copies of my drawings or photographs .















I am now finishing up some small books that I hope to share soon.
A definite bookmaking binge!

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful these are. They make me think I must find a workshop. It' something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like holding a book you made yourself in your hands. These are scrumptious! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. kim, these are *absolutely gorgeous*!! wow... very inspiring... thank you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I really like the bird, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the movement in your art. Looks alive! So inspiring for the artist within :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Kim, I love the way your backgrounds are so alive, as if it is the breeze itself. I am wishing you lovely holidays and cozy time at home as wintertime settles in.
    roxanne

    ReplyDelete