Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beauty in Botanicals

I love making accordian books.  I don't think I will ever tire of making them.

I made these two with bits of pressed flowers and leaves.  To me they are like a treasure when they are bound up with the ragged strip of fabric that I have attached to them. 

And when I open them there is more to discover.




Here is the second little treasure - closed

and opened.



Here is the backside when open...

and when closed.

A lovely little treasure that I enjoy so very much.
 

10 comments:

  1. These books are so beautifully made! They must be a pleasure to hold and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim, they are divine little treasures. xo Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. like a walk through a garden, beautiful, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!

    I love your collage cards too... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! You know I love your books Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gasp! These are amazing, Kim! -sus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing accordion art here Kim! I never tire of looking at your art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work, are they the originals? The black lines have an etched quality to them which creates lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes these are original little books. The flowers are real ones I pressed and then encased behind tea bags. I then drew onto them with a fine permanant marker. Some of the flower bits have depth to them that I really love as well.

    ReplyDelete