Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reaching High

The online course I am taking with Misty Mawn is called Stretching Within. I have been working hard to stretch and work differently. But I realized that it is also important to remember the 'within' part, and make sure that I enjoy what I create, and that it is part of me. I struggled so hard with the journal page I posted on my last page.... and so I wanted to create another journal page, but one that I had more fun making.
and so I created this page. It was stretching as I did it fairly fast and free - not worrying about how it would turn out, or over thinking what I was going to do. I knew it was going to go into my journal, and it didn't really matter how it turned out, that it was for me. I used more of my own style of creating - I transferred a copy of a drawing I made, and added some colour (ink) and some paint, stamped on it using my hand carved stamp, and then added some pen outlining and some words .... stretching, but still using what is me, and what I enjoy.
I will continue to work at stretching, but ensure to enjoy it, and make it part of me.

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I enjoy different ways to express myself in art
    and value all, but I know that some will be integrated into my work and some not. This realization is stretching within at its finest.
    Your paintings are soulful and so comforting to look at....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also n the class. this grl looks so real,as if i can touch her face. ur pieces R gr8! :)

    ReplyDelete