Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Believe in Goodness

Goodness has been happening to me often lately - and it brings a smile to my face and heart. To celebrate my first year of blogging, I offered up a few items for trade. The trades could be in exchange for creations, or random acts of kindness. Kelly Thiel had offered me numerous kindness, as she has been offering up kind words by commenting on my blog for a long time. It was the support I needed to keep me going in those early and unsure days of blogging. Therefore when she commented that she liked this necklace, I was thrilled to send it off to her. AND then, she did another lovely thing and blogged about my gift on her site. Her kind and supportive words are such a wonderful gift.
AND THEN TODAY when I got home from work there was a parcel waiting for me. It was from Crystal Neubauer. She too was interested in trading, and I sent her a package of handpainted face cards in the mail a couple of weeks ago. The package she sent looked lovely, but I could hardly wait to see what was inside,


and when I opened it up, I was thrilled to find this beautiful encaustic collage/painting. Crystal's work is beautiful, and I am thrilled that she was interested in trading items. I keep picking this piece up and looking at it tonight - it continually makes me smile. I will find the perfect place to put it, and cherish it for always.

(above artwork by Crystal, and tied to my parcel)
AND so I want to say a huge thank you to both Kelly and Crystal for their kindness.
I do believe in goodness!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    You are a doll! I wore my necklace yesterday and got several comments from different people on how cool it was! (I thought you'd like to know :) I love your work and I was more than happy to write a blog about it. My blogger friends have become quite important to me and I was thrilled by your gift!
    Much love to you tonight~
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete